Tutorial Tuesday: E-stim motivated race against the clock
Looking for something more fun in the playroom? Maybe you’ve tried e-stim, you’ve gone through the various patterns on your power box, found one you kind of liked, then it got put away and hasn’t been touched since. Or maybe you thought you could get off or get your sub off using only e-stim but it didn’t quite do it. How about playing a game using e-stim as motivation for your sub?
As always, make sure bdsm/kink play is safe, sane, and consensual. When using e-stim, keep it below the heart to be safe (cock, balls, feet, etc.) and test it on yourself first, on the areas that you intend to use it on with your sub, to get a feel for what each pattern and intensity level feels like. That way you can avoid boring your sub by keeping things too weak the entire time, as well as avoid really hurting him or freaking him out so he’ll never want to try e-stim again. I realize a Dom/Master likes doing things TO his sub, but let’s be responsible and at least briefly try it on ourselves first just to keep things safe. Keep in mind, once you find your ideal range, your sub’s range may be somewhat different. Keep an open-mind and realize that with e-stim play, it takes time to find the ideal range of intensities and patterns that aren’t a complete turn-off for your sub.
1. Sound activated e-stim power box such as the Abox, ElectroPebble (internal mic only, no line in jack, see Alternative options #1), 2B, or SensaVox Deluxe Power Box.
2. E-stim attachments of your choice: Conductive rubber cock loops, cock straps, electro eggs, the Red Collection insertables, or any others. Some prefer to use some type of electro-sex gel with estim play. If you’re using the conductive rubber cock loops, TacGel is recommended since it’s stickier and helps prevent the loops from sliding out of place.
3. Nipple Clamps with Magnetic Weights
4. Additional random metalic objects around your house (coins, paperclips, binder clips, small padlocks, whatever you have available)
5. Handcuffs or locking leather cuffs (or plain rope will work)
6. A method of securing your e-stim box to your sub (bondage tape securing the box around an arm or leg works well, won’t pull hair or skin when removed, and doesn’t leave a sticky mess)
7. Optional: An MP3 player (iPod or any other) with line out jack and cable, and a sound file to be used as input for the sound activated electro power box, preferrably one that starts out lower/milder and gets more intense over time. Some good examples (free downloads) are here (any files with “ntz” in the name should ramp up over time, so don’t set your power box intensity too high). Always listen to the sound file and test first, to be sure.
8. Optional: A humbler to prevent your sub from standing up (or a locking humbler with e-stim attachment points for even more fun)
Some of the gear above can be found at Extreme Restraints. If you’re looking to purchase any gear from them, here are a few codes to help your kinky adventures go farther (valid until 10/4/16):
For 10% off any order up to $99, use coupon code: Freshman
For 15% off orders of $99 or more, use coupon code: Sophomore
For 20% off orders of $169 or more, use coupon code: Junior
For 25% off orders of $249 or more, use coupon code: Senior
Plus you’ll get an additional 5% in their rewards program to use on future purchases.
The photo below shows an example of some gear that you can use. You do not need ALL of what you see here in order to do this (actually it’s not even possible to use all of this at once). This is just to show some of the possibilities with e-stim attachments and other gear you can use depending on what you have available.
Implementation (approx. 15-30 min prep time before your session + 5-10 min setup with sub):
Prep before session:
- Gather metallic objects of your choice from around the house (paperclips, coins, binder clips, small padlocks, latch clips or carabiner clips from your gear stash, etc.), and scatter them and the magnets that are included with the nipple clamps around the room you’ll be using for your session. Just make sure they’re visible to your sub, even if it’s a challenge to find some of them.
- (see above photos)
- Choose an e-stim audio file from this site (free downloads at the time of this post) or a similar audio file somewhere else which ramps up over time. Choose an audio file with a reasonable time length depending on how many objects you scatter around the room (i.e. If you have 50 objects laying around the room, it wouldn’t be very fair to your sub to make the e-stim almost unbearable after 2 minutes. You want to motivate him, not give him an impossible task.) Load your audio file onto your mp3 player and ensure you have a cable that will connect your line out jack to the line in jack on your e-stim power box. Test it to be sure it activates the e-stim. (Nothing is more of a kink turn-off than having everything setup and realizing your line out/in doesn’t work, and killing the hot session you had prepared, that fast.) 😉
- If you want to be an extra responible Dom (which I recommend), do a test run. While playing your mp3 file so you can hear it, crawl around the room to each of the objects on the floor, making sure you can get to all of them before the audio file reaches it’s louder/more intense parts.
Session setup with your sub:
- Optionally blindfold your sub while away from the playroom, if you want the session to be a surprise. Then cuff your sub’s hands in front of him.
- If you opted for a humbler, have your sub get on his hands and knees so you can lock the humbler on him.
- Put your e-stim attachments on/in your sub.
- Using the bondage tape or some other secure method, attach your sound activated e-stim power box to your sub’s arm or leg, or anywhere it won’t easily fall from. Do the same to attach your mp3 player near the e-stim power box.
- Connect the e-stim power box to the e-stim accessories, and connect the line out jack on your mp3 player to the line in jack on your power box. (Be careful on this part. Connecting to the wrong jack on your power box can damage some devices.)
- Put the nipple clamps with magnetic weights on your sub’s nipples.
- Have your sub get on his hands and knees. Remove the blindfold you may have used, and explain the rules of the game while you watch your sub’s wide-eyed expression as he looks around the room.
The rules could go something like this:
“I’ve prepared a fun game for you, boy. I dropped a few things around the room, and I want you to pick them up for me. For some reason, you don’t seem very motivated to help me, boy. Good thing I prepared a little motivation for you. In a minute, I’m going to turn on the sound activated e-stim power box that I taped to your body. It’s connected to the [rubber loops around your cock/bands around your balls/plug in your ass/humbler locked on your balls/whatever you decide to use]. I prepared an audio file that will feed into the e-stim box which will motivate you to work quickly and efficiently. You’ll soon notice that the longer it takes you to pick everything up, the more intense the e-stim will get. You’re going to use those magnetic nipple clamps to pick everything up. The e-stim box will be turned off after you’ve picked up all metallic objects from the floor. The slower you do that, the more intense the e-stim will get before it’s turned off. However, if you move too fast, those nipple clamps will swing around more and they’ll get heavier as you pick up more objects with them. It’s up to you to come up with a good balance while you clean up the room.”
- Instead of using a cable to connect your mp3 line out jack to your e-stim power box line in jack, you could just have the audio file playing out loud in the center of the room. Then maybe hang some bells from your sub (or even have a few bells laying around the room for him to pick up). You could even take bells from old pet toys and use them for this purpose. Then when your sub crawls around the room, especially if he tries to move too fast, the bells will activate the e-stim.
- You could also require your sub to pick the objects up in a specific order that requires him to crawl around the room more. For example, one object from the left side of the room, then one object from the right side of the room, alternating back and forth. Or, have him pick up all paperclips first, then all binder clips next, etc. If you have a lot of objects, have him return to you after each type of object so you can remove that set from the nipple clamps before he continues.
- You could also set a cage up and put some of the objects in the cage, even really close to the bars. That will make it more of a challenge for your sub to pick up the metallic objects with the magnetic nipple clamps without having them get pulled into the cage bars. (You may/may not want to warn your sub of this.) 😉
- The magnetic nipple clamps don’t have to be used on your sub’s nipples. Some subs are overly sensitive to that, or maybe you just want to switch things up a bit. Try hanging one (or both) from a rope tied around your sub’s balls for a no pinch, just weight, lower to the ground approach.
- If you want to keep your sub guessing or just train him to follow orders without question, you could choose to not tell him about the intensity increasing over time. Then when he feels it kick up the first time, see if he figures it out and works faster. 😉
Doms and subs: If you decide to try this on your sub, or your Dom does this with you, reblog with your comments to let us know how it went.
Next week: Simple and discreet homemade CBT devices